If you think ecommerce is saturated, do this...
Tai Lopez Jul 19, 2022
One of the best ways to make sure you don't have a lot of competition is by getting into businesses that are hard to get into.

Look at Elon Musk. What did Elon Musk do?

He went into things that very few people could follow him into.

This is wealth commandment #3: "Thou shalt go into businesses with a barrier to entry, a moat"

If you don't know what a moat is, it's the water that made it harder for people to invade the castle.


In business, you want a moat that can weed out competition.

Very few people can build electric cars, rocket ships, solar powered batteries to power up a home.

Ask yourself this question - Is it hard to compete against you in what you're doing?

Is it hard for someone to open an instagram account, a TikTok account, or a Shopify store? Is it hard for someone to build a funnel using existing software?

If what you're doing is easy to copy, get ready to face a lot of competition if it makes money. Things that were innovative back in 2015, 2016 or 2017, aren't innovative now.

What's your moat? What's your barrier? What's preventing people from going into what you're doing and saturating it?

I'm not saying get into space travel like Elon Musk. That isn't realistic for most people. What I'm saying is that you need to find a business that has a moat, or you need to build a moat for your business.

This is one of the main lessons that have solidified in my brain, after listening to a couple of my billionaire mentors.

This is why I started acquiring major American brands.

So, how do you build a moat?

There are 2 main ways:
  1. Do things that are hard to copy. Think about Mentorbox, the first business I did with Alex Mehr, Ph.D.

    We have Pulitzer Prize winning authors teaching the main concepts in their books.

    This is a great moat.

    Not everyone knows how to get people of that caliber to even talk to them, much less teach on their platform.

  2. Piggyback off of someone who is already doing what you want to do.

    When I was a teenager, I piggybacked off my first mentor Joel Salatin. That business made me $12,000 in profit.

    That profit came mostly because Joel was my partner. He had the experience and I put in the work.
If you have someone close to you with a moat that you can partner with and piggyback off of... go ahead! Do it!

If you don't have someone like that, you can use me.

Me and my team will build you a copy of our best performing ecommerce sites. These are brands doing over $90,000 in daily revenue!


Does this mean you're going to hit the same numbers we do right off the bat? Probably not.

Joel Salatin made a lot more money from the business I piggybacked off of. But as they say - 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing.

I didn't have the same experience or resources to make the money Joel made, but I did make money... and I learned a whole lot.

We'll build your store and provide you with proven to sell products. All you need to do is go through the course and learn how to operate the store. We will teach you how to market products, run paid traffic, generate free traffic, evaluate your KPIs, etc.

My companies have dropped over $200 million dollars acquiring the brands, building the systems and sourcing the products you’re going to have access to.

These are the same resources we use every day.

Not everyone can build what we’ve built.

Basically, we already did the expensive 66% of the work for you. The other 34% will be up to you.

If you’re wondering what the moat is for this business… Ask yourself how many people you know that can drop over $200 million dollars to build the systems, acquire brands and the inventory for this kind of thing.

I’m not saying this to be cocky. I want you to see the moat you’re going to have access to.

If you’re serious about wanting to get into business, stop hesitating and

watch this video that explains how this works. It might be the most important thing you do in 2022

Stay strong,

Instagram Photos

Recent Tweets